Information We Collect.
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about the use of the Services. We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily at registration and in the course of your use of the Website and/or Services (though some of this information may go directly to our payment provider). To use certain features of the Services, we require you to create an “Account” by providing your name, phone number, and a password. When you purchase the Services, we will collect all information necessary to process the transaction (though some of this information may go directly to our payment provider).
To the extent you post Personal Information in comments in a publicly available area of our Services (e.g., ratings and reviews), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in any forums or comments.
With respect specifically to the TorchMetrics surveys and analytics provided to our clients:
- TorchMetrics treats the survey answers and associated information as if they were private. TorchMetrics does not sell them to anyone and we do not use the responses or associated information that we collect regarding your presentation for purposes unrelated to you or the services that we provide to you unless we are compelled by legal process to do so or unless you have given authorization for its release.
- With respect to people that you invite to take the TorchMetrics surveys by email, you may upload email addresses into TorchMetrics in which case TorchMetrics acts as a custodian of that data. We don’t sell these email addresses and we use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy.
- TorchMetrics survey data, results, metrics and analytics are stored on servers located in the United States.
With respect to individuals responding to TorchMetrics questionnaires:
- TorchMetrics has created specific surveys for use by TorchMetrics clients. We host the surveys on our websites and collect the responses that are submitted. The results of the surveys are then compiled and are then provided to the client which has requested the particular survey.
- The person taking the survey has the ability, when taking the survey, to elect that the survey remains confidential. TorchMetrics will not release your identification information if you request anonymity.
- TorchMetrics does not sell, market or share your specific survey responses with third parties, advertisers or marketers other than with the client that has requested the particular survey. TorchMetrics does not monitor or restrict the manner in which its clients use the survey results or other metrics provided to them.
When you communicate with us by sending us an email, we will collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. Any information you choose to provide for our use should reflect how much you want other Users to know about you. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Services you are able to use.
Information Collected from You About Others.
If you purchase our Services for use by others, you provide and we collect the name, phone numbers, and email addresses of those people. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database
We collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Website and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Mobile Device. We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of online users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
Disclosure – Analytics.
We may also use third party tracking services to help us analyze how users use the App and Services. These services collect only the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device, rather than your name or other personally identifying information, and use it to collect information such as how often users open the App and what features they use in the App. We only use this information to improve our App and Services. We do not combine the information generated thereby with your Personal Information and we do not associate you in any way with your device identifier. Only these services know and associate you (on a non-identifiable basis) with your identifier.
How We Use Information.
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your Account;
- Process and fulfill your transactions;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems; and
- Communicate with you about the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to createAnonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
How We Disclose Personal Information.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information. To the extent you post Personal Information in comments in a publicly available area of our Services (e.g., ratings and reviews), it will be available to other users of the Services who may use it at their discretion. Please be thoughtful about the information that you post in any forums or comments.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you, including our payment processors.
We use the Anonymous Information we collect to analyze trends, administer and improve the Services, track users’ movements in the App, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the Log Files may be collected so that when you use the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to make available information appropriate to your interests. We reserve the right to disclose Anonymous Information publicly without restriction.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Account by contacting us. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated, although we are under no obligation to delete or modify information that you have previously chosen to provide us. We may also retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures. In addition, publicly available information will not be deleted from our Services. Certain information is necessary in order for us to provide the Services; therefore, if you delete such necessary information you may not be able to use the Services. Upon your request, we will close your Account. We may retain your Personal Information to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
A Note to Users Outside of the United States.